CEO Message on the Job
Our mission is to be the experts in marketing and sales alignment and the masters of the message. We provide the best customer results possible and deliver the WOW factor through our services.
Digital Marketing Intern Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact for not only our agency, but for you on your career. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. You will gain skills that would normally take years to acquire. It’s not for the faint of heart but I promise you it will be rewarding and fun.
Digital marketing Intern General Duties
- Assist CEO and Marketing team in their daily activities
- Research and apply SEO/SEM best practices for our website
- Assist with retargeting campaigns of online traffic (Google/Facebook)
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans of the agency
- Track and report digital and website analytics
- Improve and build our online lead generation campaigns
- Create and monitor targeted monthly newsletter
- Design, build, and maintain our social media presence
- Create, organize, & monitor paid social media campaigns
- Update social media accounts regularly
- Help strategize and find new ways to increase our social media exposure for our Facebook and Instagram profiles
- Create creative content for social media accounts
- Manage and coordinate marketing content calendar
- Design content and posts as needed
- Work with our design team and vendors to produce high quality content for our website, blog and social media channels
What we are looking for
We are looking for a young, dynamic, positive, outgoing, college/university junior or senior that is seeking an incredible opportunity to be the internal digital marketing intern for our boutique digital marketing agency that is located in the Temecula Valley.
- You care about details and you take pride of ownership in your work
- You are highly creative and a gifted communicator
- You desire to be around high performing professionals and can’t wait to show off your creative talents
- You can take direction and quickly apply new learnings in a fast paced environment
- You have have a great work ethic and are motivated to work hard
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who has developed skills in school and in previous work / internships that how a proficiency for digital marketing, content writing and graphic design skills. You have training, certifications, or experience in common tools used for digital marketing. We know you are doing an internship to learn, but much of skills and experience we are seeking below are available to learn for free, online. You will be expected to invest your outside of work time to learn these skills if you already haven’t. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t already know these tools, but you MUST get this knowledge to work here.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google My Business, Facebook Ads, and/or Facebook/Instagram page management
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Apple/Google equivalents.
- Strong knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter a must. You are familiar with Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest and have these apps on your phone as you read this.
- Experience working with email marketing platforms like MailChimp or equivalents.
- WordPress basics are very important
- Keyword research experience nice to have
- Creative skills are a must. Knowledge of graphic design principles and concepts are important. Training and experience with Adobe creative suite or equivalent is a bonus
- Experience with social media management tools like Buffer, HootSuite, or Later is a strong bonus
- Experience using virtual meeting tools. (Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Meetings, etc)
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or equivalent with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- You must be highly motivated to succeed. Don’t quit attitude.
- Did we mention, you must be super creative and energetic
- Strong computer skills is a must
- Strong email communications skills
- Must be a superb and OCD about spelling, grammar and reading comprehension.
- Own and know how to use a MacBook Pro
- Strong grasp of the English language
- Large personal social media following a plus*
- Solid understanding of technology and current social trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- Natural nack for words, experience writing ad copy a plus
- Lots of freedom- what you put in is what you will get out
- Opportunity to gain a position with the company after the internship
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
Apply Through Email
Want to apply? Send and email to [email protected] with your cover letter and resume attached.
This intern opportunity is open until April 15th, 2021. If the next will be a video call interview.
If selected, you will be working remotely 80% and expected to travel to our office in Temecula at least once a week, 20%.
This is a fulltime position and you are expected to work 40 hours spread over a 5 days a week.
Digital Marketing Skills You Will Be Obtaining In This Position
Paid Advertising (PPC)
You will be trained and guided on best practices in understanding and managing PPC campaigns. You will also learn the valuable skills around building ads that convert.
Content creation for all our social media channels. You will be getting hands on skills and expertise on all aspects of social media management and marketing.
Research audience analytics to determine demographics, targeting opportunities, and behaviors to turn viewing behavior data into meaningful insights for marketing.
Learning the fundementals of search engine optimization and how to apply to our website and content. You will work with our SEO team and manage our SEO/SEM efforts.
You must have excellent copywriting skills for this position. Strong grammar and spelling skills are a must. We will help and guide you with marketing vision.
Tech and Systems
You will be exposed to key technology and systems that we use daily to run our business. These systems are key to the success of many businesses.
You will receive training and hands on experience in creating, using and managing a website using the WordPress content management system.
You will be learning about email marketing platforms and more importantly skills around building email lists, segmenting and email marketing strategies.